This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7014 / 51°42'5"N
Longitude: -2.2899 / 2°17'23"W
OS Eastings: 380062
OS Northings: 200338
OS Grid: SO800003
Mapcode National: GBR 0LQ.9VT
Mapcode Global: VH953.8H8J
Entry Name: Four Winds,village Hall and Outbuilding
Listing Date: 27 August 1970
Last Amended: 24 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1091091
English Heritage Legacy ID: 133120
Location: Nympsfield, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL10
Civil Parish: Nympsfield
Built-Up Area: Nympsfield
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Uley with Owlpen and Nympsfield
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 8000 NYMPSFIELD CHURCH STREET
17/324 Four Winds, village hall and
outbuilding (previously listed
as School and School House)
Former school house, now detached house, linked by archway to
former school hall. School house said to have been built 1846 but
appears later, possibly by Benjamin Bucknall; 1865 school by S.S.
Teulon. Coursed and dressed limestone; ashlar chimneys;
concrete tile to school house, stone slate to school hall. Two-
storey; school hall to south east linked by archway. Single-
storey outbuilding to north. School house stands alongside road,
full gable to left with chimney having chamfered shaft; 2-light
flat mullioned upper floor casement below. Eaves-mounted chimney
to right with similar shaft. Flat corner buttress to right with
trefoil head. Rectangular single-storey bay window to south with
hipped roof, mullioned and transomed casement to this and to upper
floor with paired lancet vents in apex. Contemporary outbuilding
to north with circular opening in gable end towards road. Parapet
gabled ends to school hall south end with 4-light pointed
geometrical traceried window. Two 2-light plate-traceried windows
with small gables above on west side; buttress between. Flat
roofed addition on east side is not of special interest.
Interiors not inspected.
(M. Saunders, 'Samuel Saunders Teulon' in Ed R. Brown, The
Architectural Outsiders, 1985; and D. Verey, Gloucestershire: The
Listing NGR: SO8006200338
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings