This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7314 / 51°43'53"N
Longitude: -2.0872 / 2°5'13"W
OS Eastings: 394072
OS Northings: 203637
OS Grid: SO940036
Mapcode National: GBR 2P8.F3C
Mapcode Global: VH950.RRX2
Entry Name: Stable Approximately 20 Metres West of Daneway House
Listing Date: 24 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1091287
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132588
Location: Bisley-with-Lypiatt, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bisley-with-Lypiatt
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Oakridge St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 90 SW BISLEY-WITH-LYPIATT DANEWAY
7/32 Stable approximately 20m west of
Former stable, now outbuilding. C18, altered C19; converted to
workshop 1902 for Ernest Gimson and Ernest and Sidney Barnsley.
Random rubble limestone; stone slate roof. Rectangular with
inserted loft. Three leaded Tudor arched casements on east side,
all appearing C19. Three lancets to parapet gabled south end: one
medieval 2-light, another 2-light and single-light are copies.
Doorway with plank door and timber lintel on west side. Three
gabled roof dormers with small-paned timber casements. Ball
finials to gable ends. Small attached outbuilding at north end
links with later workshop/garage ranges which are not of special
interest. Roof structure altered when loft inserted to form
drawing office for Gimson and Barnsleys' furniture workshops.
Listing NGR: SO9407203637
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings