This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7885 / 51°47'18"N
Longitude: -2.2757 / 2°16'32"W
OS Eastings: 381078
OS Northings: 210018
OS Grid: SO810100
Mapcode National: GBR 0KL.TQ7
Mapcode Global: VH94Q.H9SS
Entry Name: Haresfield Court
Listing Date: 10 January 1955
Last Amended: 9 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1091320
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132467
Location: Haresfield, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL10
Civil Parish: Haresfield
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Haresfield St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 81 SW and HARESFIELD
SO 80 NW
4/208 and 7/208 Haresfield Court (formerly listed
as Harefield Court)
Former country house, divided into flats. Core of c1676 built by
John Rogers, refronted and enlarged to east by Francis Niblett in
1869 and enlarged to west in 1893 by Waller & Son. Mostly ashlar
with stone slate roof, and small brick and tile section to south.
North range has original C17 ashlar stacks, external to left, with
grouped square ashlar flues and moulded cornice, and similar on
west range of C19. East range has brick ridge stacks. Two storeys
and attic with 2 long parallel ranges and original, now cross, wing
to north, and projecting gabled wing to west. Entrance front to
north has large projecting gable to left and recessed gable placed
centrally to right, both coped with finials and kneelers. Single
storey porch with similar gable in angle with small stepped trefoil
head 3-light over Tudor arch doorway with square hoodmould.
Fenestration generally stone mullion or mullion and transom
casements, some with square hoodmoulds, with five 2-light windows
across recessed section and continuous dripmould between ground and
first floors. C19 west wing in similar style to C17 work, with
large single storey canted bay to projecting gabled section. East
elevation of 1860s has five large 12-pane sashes with keystone and
voussoirs, 6 gabled 2-light dormers, and large gable to south end
with curved 5-light stone 1mullion and transom oriel on first floor.
Interior not accessible but reputed to have been much altered
during recent conversion to flats.
(VCH, Gloucestershire, Vol X, 1972; David Verey, The Buildings of
England: Gloucestershire - the Vale and the Forest of Dean, 1980)
Listing NGR: SO8107810018
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings