History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Samuel Ollive Monument in the Churchyard of the Church of St Lawrence Circa 6 Metres South West of Tower

A Grade II Listed Building in Sandhurst (Tewkesbury), Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9082 / 51°54'29"N

Longitude: -2.2518 / 2°15'6"W

OS Eastings: 382776

OS Northings: 223324

OS Grid: SO827233

Mapcode National: GBR 1KL.7K6

Mapcode Global: VH944.X9FJ

Entry Name: Samuel Ollive Monument in the Churchyard of the Church of St Lawrence Circa 6 Metres South West of Tower

Listing Date: 12 August 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1091417

English Heritage Legacy ID: 134248

Location: Sandhurst, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL2

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury

Civil Parish: Sandhurst

Built-Up Area: Sandhurst (Tewkesbury)

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Sandhurst St Lawrence

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Maisemore

Listing Text

SANDHURST SANDHURST VILLAGE
SO 82 SW
5/128 Samuel Ollive monument in the
churchyard of the Church of St.
Lawrence c6m south-west of towe
GV II

Chest tomb to Samuel Ollive, died 1768 and Mary his wife, died
1762. Limestone. Paired raised inscription plaques on either
side. Inscriptions on north side with incised lettering painted
black, rosettes where upper corners of each panel cut away.
Hourglass left, bell-flower decoration right. Inscriptions on
south side partially legible with carved foliate decoration around
inscription plaques. Lyre-shaped ends. Sunken panel at east end
with face of winged cherub at top and bulging "S" scrolls either
side. Unused circular inscription plaque at west end flanked by
foliate "S" scrolls. Dome at top. Thick capping with moulded
margin. Tomb formerly lay within railing.


Listing NGR: SO8277623324

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.