History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Dents Terrace

A Grade II Listed Building in Winchcombe, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9523 / 51°57'8"N

Longitude: -1.9658 / 1°57'56"W

OS Eastings: 402447

OS Northings: 228206

OS Grid: SP024282

Mapcode National: GBR 3N1.FV6

Mapcode Global: VHB1K.W645

Entry Name: Dents Terrace

Listing Date: 31 October 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1091537

English Heritage Legacy ID: 133908

Location: Winchcombe, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury

Civil Parish: Winchcombe

Built-Up Area: Winchcombe

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Winchcombe St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Winchcombe

Listing Text

SP 02 28 WINCHCOMBE ABBEY TERRACE (south side)

305/4/6 Dent's Terrace

31.10.84

GV II

Group of 10 Almshouses. 1865. Sir George Gilbert Scott and J. Drayton Wyatt, architects. Good dressed limestones in cream, yellow and pink, concrete tile roofs, end on to street with coped gable, large stack and carved coat of arms to street, then almshouses paired under coped gables, stepped to slope, and all with gabled back exteriors, stacks with simple cappings and stepped plinths. One and a half storeys, each dwelling with 2-light dormer window with octagonal central colonnette, casements with horizontal bars, ground floor 3-light casement with square heads, splayed, octagonal stepped mullions and horizontal bars. Gabled porches with paired shouldered openings to plank doors and central footscraper. Various relieving arches. In porch gables, alternatively '1865' and 'D', original hopper-heads, cavetto gutter and downpipes. This group is externally as built, and is a good example of the generosity of John Coucher Dent and his wife Emma Dent, at that time owners of Sudeley Castle.

Listing NGR: SP0243528227

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.