History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of Holy Trinity

A Grade II Listed Building in Painswick, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7648 / 51°45'53"N

Longitude: -2.1866 / 2°11'11"W

OS Eastings: 387219

OS Northings: 207364

OS Grid: SO872073

Mapcode National: GBR 1MF.60N

Mapcode Global: VH94S.1WWZ

Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity

Listing Date: 24 August 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1091579

English Heritage Legacy ID: 133488

Location: Painswick, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud

Civil Parish: Painswick

Built-Up Area: Slad

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Uplands All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Stroud

Listing Text

PAINSWICK SLAD
SO 80 NE
5/297 Church of Holy Trinity
GV II
Anglican Parish Church. 1831, by Charles Baker of Painswick, reconstructed by
Benjamin Bucknell 1869. Ashlar limestone entrance front, squared coursed and
dressed elsewhere. Slate roof. Nave with gable spirelet, west porch, north
aisle, chancel. Low pitched crenellated west gable over two 2-light plate
tracery windows and small central 6-foil rose above hipped porch with shouldered
door opening; corner pilasters, nave, side to road has four 2-light plate
tracery windows, corbel table. Chancel has two small lancets and one triple
lancet. Stone spirelet is square base, ogee opening to each face and octagonal
finish over gablets. Clock below is dated 188-. Has group value with School
and Schoolhouse (q.v.). Interior: 4-bay nave, boarded ceiling in 3 facets,
bracketed principals to stone corbels, pointed barrel to chancel. Deep
embrasure at entrance door under wheel window. Round columns to cushion caps to
4-bay arcade; stone floor, sanctuary rail and pulpit, octagonal font with high
pyramidal capping.


Listing NGR: SO8721907364

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.