This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9916 / 51°59'29"N
Longitude: -1.9145 / 1°54'52"W
OS Eastings: 405964
OS Northings: 232576
OS Grid: SP059325
Mapcode National: GBR 3MQ.2SP
Mapcode Global: VHB1D.R6QK
Entry Name: Cricket Pavillion
Listing Date: 7 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1091799
English Heritage Legacy ID: 134879
Location: Stanway, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Stanway
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Toddington, Stanway and Didbrook and Hailes
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 03 SE,
Cricket Pavilion. 1925 by John Oakey of Winchcombe presented to the cricket club
by Sir James Barrie. Timber framed, clad with larch poles, thatched roof.
Building is raised on 5x5 staddle stones, front has full width covered verandah,
behind which are 4 shuttered openings and central doorway; back has recesses to
left and right covered by continuous roof, that to left part enclosed by larch
poles, that to right with steps to a door. Each recess contains a casement
window, and there are three small square casements set high in the centre section.
Interior not inspected, but said to be fitted in Columbian pine. Sir James Barrie
was a frequent visitor to the Earl and Countess of Wemyss at Stanway House (q.v.).
The pavilion appears to be externally unchanged.
Listing NGR: SP0596432576
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings