This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.977 / 51°58'37"N
Longitude: -2.1171 / 2°7'1"W
OS Eastings: 392053
OS Northings: 230957
OS Grid: SO920309
Mapcode National: GBR 1JZ.5JJ
Mapcode Global: VH93V.8K4R
Entry Name: Manor Farm
Listing Date: 25 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1091922
English Heritage Legacy ID: 134422
Location: Ashchurch Rural, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Ashchurch Rural
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Ashchurch St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 93 SW ASHCHURCH FIDDINGTON
4/19 Manor Farm
Former manor house. C16-early C17 with late C18-early C19
extension. Close-studded timber-framing with brick infill. Right
gable end refaced in brick C20. Red tile roof with stacks in
coursed squared and dressed limestone with ashlar shafts, brick
porch. Late C18-early C19 extension in brick with red tile roof.
Rectangular plan with probably contemporary close-studded timber
framed extensions at right-angles to main body at rear. Late C18-
early C19 brick extension at gable end of rear right-hand
extension. Main body; 2 storeys and attic. Symmetrical 3-windowed
facade. Mostly 3-light C20 wood-mullioned windows with transoms
containing steel casements with horizontal glazing bars. Cross
window over central porch. Stopped hoods over all windows with
inner beading. Central C19 gabled porch with dressed limestone
surround to entrance with stopped hood. Single light windows in
side walls also with stopped hoods. Projecting stacks at gable
ends with twin diagonal shafts with moulded cappings. Brick dentil
cornice at eaves of late C18-early C19 extension at rear.
Interior; very fine C16-C17 moulded plasterwork ceiling in front
left-hand room (now reduced in size by partition wall inserted to
create hall corridor). The ceiling is divided into four quarters
with a Tudor-rose surrounded by rings of fleur de lys and acorns at
centre. The quadrants are divided by bands of double scrollwork.
Band of intertwined roses and strawberries around margin of
ceiling. Each quadrant decorated with flowing motifs depicting the
vine, acorns, roses and apples respectively. Spiral staircase.
Limited interior inspection. Home of the William Ferrers, died
1625, (q.v. monument in Church of St. Nicholas).
V.C.H. Vol VIII, p 178-179 - under Fiddington Court)
Listing NGR: SO9205330957
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings