History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Odiham, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2538 / 51°15'13"N

Longitude: -0.943 / 0°56'34"W

OS Eastings: 473859

OS Northings: 151049

OS Grid: SU738510

Mapcode National: GBR C86.8DT

Mapcode Global: VHDXS.LRT5

Entry Name: The Vicarage

Listing Date: 8 July 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1092155

English Heritage Legacy ID: 137016

Location: Odiham, Hart, Hampshire, RG29

County: Hampshire

District: Hart

Civil Parish: Odiham

Built-Up Area: Odiham

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Odiham All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
Odiham

Listing Text

SU73-7450 & 73-7451 ODIHAM HIGH STREET
(north side)
17/4
The Vicarage
8.7.52
II

Circa 1500, C18, C19. Former open medieval hall with cross wings: now a 2
storeyed timber framed house with later additions and extensions. Front (south)
has a steep red tile roof with gables at each side, middle shafted stack towards
west and massive (C17) chimney breast (tapering upwards) at the east end. The
frame is exposed on the ground-floor of the east side, with heavy close studding
bricknogged: the upper part of the east side gable and the middle section is
tile-hung, the west side gable is a red brick wall in Flemish bond with cambered
openings and plinth, the middle section has earlier brickwork in English bond
with a high plinth: a rear gable has some tile-hanging, brick walling with bands
and plinth at 2 levels. A variety of windows: half-dormers, an old mullioned
and transomed light at the rear, mostly modern casements, 2 sashes in a ground-
floor brick-walled bay at the west end. The rear has later 2-storeyed
extensions (of c.1820) with slate roofing and rendered walls, ending in single-
storeyed outshots with hipped tile roofs.


Listing NGR: SP7460559746

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.