History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lodge Farmhouse

A Grade II* Listed Building in Odiham, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2675 / 51°16'3"N

Longitude: -0.9458 / 0°56'44"W

OS Eastings: 473643

OS Northings: 152568

OS Grid: SU736525

Mapcode National: GBR C80.FQD

Mapcode Global: VHDXS.KDCN

Entry Name: Lodge Farmhouse

Listing Date: 8 July 1952

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1092163

English Heritage Legacy ID: 136960

Location: Odiham, Hart, Hampshire, RG29

County: Hampshire

District: Hart

Civil Parish: Odiham

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Odiham All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
Hook

Listing Text

SU 75 SW ODIHAM

8/34 Lodge Farmhouse

8.7.52

GV II*

C15, C17, C18. 2-storeyed house of many periods, the core being a late medieval
timber-framed hall-house, the north gable exposing the frame, with tension
braces in the upper wall (within is a crown post). At the other end, being
part of the south front, is a Dutch gable (1670), emphasised by banding, 1st
and 2nd floor bands (broken in centre): to the north is a 2-storeyed wing ending
in a massive chimney breast against a gable. From the centre the taller (C18)
post extends southwards, and behind it are extensions (gabled and timber-framed
in the upper parts). Further southward additions are lower. The mixed south
front of 1.1.1 windows has red tile roofing (hipped and gabled), dentil eaves,
red brickwork (mainly Flemish but some English bond). The main features are
early C19, double sashes, a Tuscan porch with a narrow window on each side,
stone columns, 6-panelled door. The rear has projecting additions of different
form and size, in red brickwork (English, Flemish and Monk bonds), some
1st floor banding, plinth. Casements (some old with square-leaded lights)
boarded door within a solid frame.


Listing NGR: SU7488150603

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.