History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Hartley Wintney, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3105 / 51°18'37"N

Longitude: -0.8982 / 0°53'53"W

OS Eastings: 476890

OS Northings: 157400

OS Grid: SU768574

Mapcode National: GBR C7H.MR0

Mapcode Global: VHDXM.DB06

Entry Name: Old Manor House

Listing Date: 8 July 1952

Last Amended: 26 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1092292

English Heritage Legacy ID: 136663

Location: Hartley Wintney, Hart, Hampshire, RG27

County: Hampshire

District: Hart

Civil Parish: Hartley Wintney

Built-Up Area: Hartley Wintney

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Hartley Wintney with Elvetham St John the Evangelist

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
Hartley Wintney

Listing Text

SU 7656 HARTLEY WINTNEY HARES LANE

14/1 Old Manor House (formerly
listed as Manor House
8.7.52 School)

- II

C16, C17, circa 1900. A building of many extensions from the oldest part, now
the south-east corner. The south east facade has a 4-gabled front, the oldest
being the 2 at the south side (of 2 storeys and attic). The other 2 (the eastern-
most of circa 1900) having 2 floors. Red tile roofing, the gables being tile
hung (in decorative bands). The ground floor of the 2 old bays has modern
inserted bays of slight projection, the walling between having substantial verti-
cal timbers closely arranged (C16) with herringbone brick infilling: above the
1st floor is jettied, with a moulded board supporting an exposed timber frame
(bricknogged) of Cl7 style. Mullion and transom casements. The western of
the 2 eastern gables retains old tile hanging at the top but the walling is
red brick and there is a 2-storeyed bay of circa 1900, the easternmost of the
(circa 1900) is of ½ timber-frames with red brick infill of various patterns;
large mullion and transom lights. Central modern timber-framed porch. Inside
the south corner has a dragon beam. The substantial rear extensions are of
late C19, with red tile roofing, brick dentil eaves, red brick walling and case-
ments, all being divided into flats and a large house. The oldest part was
a farm.


Listing NGR: SP7173361593

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.