This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2696 / 51°16'10"N
Longitude: -1.1871 / 1°11'13"W
OS Eastings: 456803
OS Northings: 152583
OS Grid: SU568525
Mapcode National: GBR 951.6PN
Mapcode Global: VHD06.CCR2
Entry Name: Malshanger House
Listing Date: 26 April 1957
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1092909
English Heritage Legacy ID: 138825
Location: Oakley, Basingstoke and Deane, Hampshire, RG23
District: Basingstoke and Deane
Civil Parish: Oakley
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Oakley with Wootton St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 55 SE OAKLEY AND DEANE
26.4.57 Malshanger House
Circa 1800, and C20. Three-storeyed almost square block, with 3 symmetrical facades. Ripped slate roofing and stuccoed walls. The south-east elevation has semi-circular walling on each side of a flat centrepiece to produce 3.1.3 windows. Small parapet, with moulded cornice having small modillions, first-floor thin cill, band, wider first-floor band with a top moulding, moulded architraves (with keystones) to the first-floor openings, stone cills to second and ground-floor openings, plinth. Sashes in reveals, in the centre the top window is of 3 lights, and the first-floor is a Venetian window with mouldings and pilasters. On the ground-floor the doorway is also of 3 units, with niches on each side, all framed within 4 pilasters, supporting an entablature of simple mouldings. The south-west elevation is of 2.1.1 windows, the centrepiece being a bow-shaped wall up to the second-floor, where there is a balustraded balcony, all the central openings having 3 parts; the side units repeat the details of the main facade, but there is a modern single-storeyed extension on the north side, with large windows. The north-east (entrance) front is of 5 windows, following the treatment of the other facades, with a first-floor Venetian light, and a
modern segmental portico, of 2 pilasters and 2 columns, glazed sides, all with
classical details (including a dentil cornice).
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings