This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3734 / 51°22'24"N
Longitude: -1.1153 / 1°6'55"W
OS Eastings: 461674
OS Northings: 164184
OS Grid: SU616641
Mapcode National: GBR B53.T0B
Mapcode Global: VHCZN.MR71
Entry Name: Manse (Now 2 Houses) Attached to the Countess of Huntingdon's Chapel
Listing Date: 17 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1092957
English Heritage Legacy ID: 138743
Location: Mortimer West End, Basingstoke and Deane, Hampshire, RG7
District: Basingstoke and Deane
Civil Parish: Mortimer West End
Built-Up Area: Tadley
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Mortimer West End
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 66 SW MORTIMER WEST END CHAPEL LANE
Manse (now 2 houses)
attached to the Countess
of Huntingdon's Chapel
Early C19. Two storeys, 3 windows. The block is attached to the chapel on its east side, to form a continuous elevation, with a higher eaves. Tile roof, hipped at the east end, with catslide at the rear (with 2 large modern dormers), brick dentil eaves. Red brick walling in Flemish bond with blue headers, openings having rubbed arches of blue bricks with flat tops and cambered soffits. Casements. Two 1/2-glazed doors.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings