This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2374 / 51°14'14"N
Longitude: -1.0946 / 1°5'40"W
OS Eastings: 463303
OS Northings: 149074
OS Grid: SU633490
Mapcode National: GBR B6W.634
Mapcode Global: VHD0F.Z558
Entry Name: Church of St Leonard
Listing Date: 26 April 1957
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1093010
English Heritage Legacy ID: 138551
Location: Cliddesden, Basingstoke and Deane, Hampshire, RG25
District: Basingstoke and Deane
Civil Parish: Cliddesden
Built-Up Area: Basingstoke
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Farleigh
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 64 NW CLIDDESDEN CHURCH LANE
26.4.57 Church of St Leonard
C12, C15, mainly 1889. A single-celled nave and chancel, extended in the late C19 at the time of the substantial restoration. Continuous old tile roof (nave tiling at the eastern side), with a stone bell-turret above the west gables. There is flint with stone dressings, with buttresses at the corners and intermediately, the eastern bay having flintwork of the restoration date, moulded plinth and a cill band carried round the east end. The Gothic traceried windows are mainly coupled lights beneath hood-moulds but the east side has 2 square framed lights close together, the east and west windows being of 3 lights; all contain stained glass with a modern design in the west window. There is a stone south porch. Within, the roof has C15 arch-braced trusses, with tie beams, close-coupled at the old division between nave and chancel, with lighter eastern trusses more closely spaced. On the north side of the nave is a part recess, being the surviving Norman doorway (also visible on the outside). There is a Victorian Vestry on the north side, with an arched opening onto the chancel,
containing the organ. All the fittings are Victorian.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings