This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0053 / 51°0'19"N
Longitude: -1.5787 / 1°34'43"W
OS Eastings: 429657
OS Northings: 122963
OS Grid: SU296229
Mapcode National: GBR 63M.X9Q
Mapcode Global: FRA 76LG.6SP
Entry Name: Sherfield Manor House
Listing Date: 29 May 1957
Last Amended: 17 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1093624
English Heritage Legacy ID: 141229
Location: Sherfield English, Test Valley, Hampshire, SO51
District: Test Valley
Civil Parish: Sherfield English
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Sherfield English St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SHERFIELD ENGLISH CHURCH LANE
SU 22 SE
1/19 Sherfield Manor House
(formerly listed as
29.5.57 Sherfield Manor)
House. C18 remodelled late C19 using materials from early C18 Sherfield House.
Brick, old plain tile roof. Plan of 2 storey, 3 bay, double pile block with each
end projecting 1 bay wide wing. Front has projecting central timber porch with
6-panel top-lit door in doorcase having pilasters and overhanging pediment.
Above C18 12-pane sash. In each bay double 12-pane sash, reused C18, under rubbed
brick arch. On 1st floor similar without arches. All sashes with thick glazing
bars. Taller central part has boxed eaves and end stacks. Wings projecting
half a bay have moulded cornice and hipped roof, originally separate, now linked
on inner side with lead flat roof, and tiled sloping front face. On outer side
stack and flat roofed dormer. Originally mistaken for unusual C18 house and given
a higher grade when listed.
Listing NGR: SU2946523219
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings