This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1552 / 51°9'18"N
Longitude: -1.0532 / 1°3'11"W
OS Eastings: 466308
OS Northings: 139978
OS Grid: SU663399
Mapcode National: GBR B7W.JK3
Mapcode Global: VHD0V.P7K7
Entry Name: Chapel Immediately West of Hall Farmhouse
Listing Date: 31 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1094156
English Heritage Legacy ID: 141910
Location: Bentworth, East Hampshire, Hampshire, GU34
District: East Hampshire
Civil Parish: Bentworth
Built-Up Area: Bentworth
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Bentworth St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 63 NE BENTWORTH HIGH STREET
7/6 Chapel, immediately west
of Hall Farmhouse
Former chapel to the adjoining manor house, now attached to larger farm
buildings and used as a boiler house. C14, with late C19 attachments. Flint,
stone and brick walls, with a steep slate roof. The building is partly-
embedded within the end unit of a large farm range, and its west gable has
been lost; the old part is a narrow rectangle with thick flint walls, with
original stone dressings (north-east corner, part of doorway, east window, and
plinth), with some brickwork replacements. The steep roof now of slate
covers a mulch-restored C18 queen post truss. The east gable has a central
narrow window (now filled) with fragments of the former cusping, and the 4-
centred arch of the doorway in the north wall has the original east jamb.
The south wall is rendered.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings