This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.019 / 51°1'8"N
Longitude: -0.9483 / 0°56'53"W
OS Eastings: 473863
OS Northings: 124926
OS Grid: SU738249
Mapcode National: GBR CC3.12F
Mapcode Global: FRA 86XF.6D6
Entry Name: The Old Farmhouse, Dunhill
Listing Date: 16 March 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1094449
English Heritage Legacy ID: 143224
Location: Steep, East Hampshire, Hampshire, GU32
District: East Hampshire
Civil Parish: Steep
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Steep All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth
SU 72 SW
12/6 The Old Farmhouse,
House. Late C16, c.1820 and mid c19. Part timber-frame with later cladding, walls
of brickwork in Flemish bond and some Flemish Garden Wall bond, width blue headers,
some Dutch flat arches, high plinth to part, stone hoodmoulds and cills, exposed
frome in one rear gable, with herringbone brick infill. Tile roof, hipped and
1/2-hipped, one gablet. A timber-framed house with west end cross wing, a taller
east side extension, and lower rear extension. South front of 2 storeys (of 2
heights), 2.2 windows. Sashes with Gothic lights. Doric doorcase, fluted
3/4 columns, modillion cornice, open pediment, arched opening with Gothic fanlight.
Panelled reveals, and 6-panelled door. Shafted stack to the centre of the old
block, tapered stack attached at the east end. The rear of the building is
irregular, with the frame exposed in the west wing, other walls of brickwork in
Monk and Flemish Garden Wall bonds, sliding and ordinary sashes, minor outshots,
and boarded doors.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings