This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0259 / 51°1'33"N
Longitude: -0.9972 / 0°59'49"W
OS Eastings: 470424
OS Northings: 125646
OS Grid: SU704256
Mapcode National: GBR B9J.LQ3
Mapcode Global: FRA 86SD.RBD
Entry Name: Love's Charity
Listing Date: 16 March 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1094462
English Heritage Legacy ID: 143151
Location: Froxfield, East Hampshire, Hampshire, GU32
District: East Hampshire
Civil Parish: Froxfield and Privett
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Froxfield St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth
FROXFIELD FROXFIELD GREEN
SU 72 NW
9/33 Love's Charity
The school opened 29.9.1734, founded from the will (1721) of Robert Love, of Basing
Park, who left £1000 (later augmented by £300); now a house, following the absorp-
tion of the charity by the Charity commissioners in 1875, and the construction of a
new school, by Sir A Blomfield, at High cross in 1875. Red brick walls in Flemish
bond, plinth. Tiled roof, hipped, with catslide at rear, and 2 hipped dormers.
Symmetrical south front of 2 storeys and attic, 5 windows. Mullion and transom
windows with leaded lights. The doorway has a plain frame, enclosing 2 fanlight
leaded lights, and boarded door, beneath a moulded canopy, with panelled soffit, on
carved brackets. Stone panel above the door inscribed 'THE GIFT OF ROBERT LOVE
ESQ 1733'. Interior has old oak staircase. Minor C20 additions, including a
garage forward of the west end.
Listing NGR: SU7041125580
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings