This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0957 / 51°5'44"N
Longitude: -0.7857 / 0°47'8"W
OS Eastings: 485129
OS Northings: 133630
OS Grid: SU851336
Mapcode National: GBR DCP.65Q
Mapcode Global: FRA 9677.9PZ
Entry Name: Downlands
Listing Date: 23 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1094491
English Heritage Legacy ID: 143119
Location: Bramshott and Liphook, East Hampshire, Hampshire, GU30
District: East Hampshire
Civil Parish: Bramshott and Liphook
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Bramshott and Liphook St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth
BRAMSHOTT & LIPHOOK RECTORY LANE
SU 83 SE
Country house. Mid C18, c.1800, and late c19. Front walls of brickwork in Flemish
bond, with sandstone quoins, 1st and 2nd floor bands, plinth, plain architraves
(with keys to the 2nd floor): rear walls of ironstone with galletted joints: side
walls of ironstone with 2nd floor of brickwork in Flemish bond with blue headers:
Bath stone ground floor bays (C19) with moulded cornices. Two tapered stacks at
each end of brickwork above lower parts of ironstone. Low-pitched hipped slate
roof with wide eaves, having brackets (at the front) set against a plain fascia. A
Georgian house of two storeys, raised to three at the second date; symmetrical
south front of three storeys, 5 windows. Sashes in reveals, two large ground floor
bays, each of three Victorian sashes. The doorway has an arched architrave, with a
Gothic fanlight set within a stone shallow porch (c.1800) of classical 'inantis'
form, with simple entablature above Ionic columns, within plain square columns.
There are rear wings of two storeys, with c19 further extensions of irregular form.
At each side there is a flank wall of sandstone, with plain coping curving down-
wards above doorways (filled at the east side).
Listing NGR: SU8512633639
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings