This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0859 / 51°5'9"N
Longitude: -0.8806 / 0°52'50"W
OS Eastings: 478500
OS Northings: 132440
OS Grid: SU785324
Mapcode National: GBR CB7.S6V
Mapcode Global: FRA 9617.W7J
Entry Name: South Lodge to Blackmoor House
Listing Date: 2 August 1973
Last Amended: 18 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1094554
English Heritage Legacy ID: 142985
Location: Selborne, East Hampshire, Hampshire, GU33
District: East Hampshire
Civil Parish: Selborne
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Blackmoor and Whitehill; St Matthew
Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth
SU 73 SE
6/14 South Lodge (to Blackmoor
(Formerly listed as South
Lodge at Blackmoor House)
Lodge cottage. 1869, by Alfred Waterhouse. The upper walls are tile-hung with
scalloped patterns, above a 1st floor band with large dentils, the lower walls
of polygonal malmstone with Bath stone dressings (chamfered reveals, quoins,
plinth). Roof 1/2 hipped with exaggerated gablets, central brick stack with
banding and dentils. A richly decorated Tudor design, T-shaped, of 1 1/2 storeys.
Casements. 2-storeyed porch with tile clad upper part with an oriel, above
an open timber-frame, resting on a stone base wall. Turned balusters, upper
panels of decorative glass, boarded door in a plain frame. C20 flat-roofed
extension at the south-east corner, with similar walling.
Listing NGR: SU7741632839
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings