This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9583 / 50°57'29"N
Longitude: -1.7582 / 1°45'29"W
OS Eastings: 417077
OS Northings: 117682
OS Grid: SU170176
Mapcode National: GBR 52N.SCZ
Mapcode Global: FRA 766K.WCG
Entry Name: Village Hall
Listing Date: 13 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1094791
English Heritage Legacy ID: 144167
Location: Woodgreen, New Forest, Hampshire, SP6
District: New Forest
Civil Parish: Woodgreen
Built-Up Area: Woodgreen
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Hale with The Charfords
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 11 NE
6/85 Village Hall
Village hall. 1930-1, donated by Vaughan Nash, internally painted by Robert
Baker and Edward Payner, RCA, for Carnegie Trust. Rendered brick and pantile
roof. Single storey, 5 bay, wide hall, with to RH end set bay 2 bay, narrow,
lower, entrance hall, and in front of LH bay low single bay gabled bay. In
RH bay similar window. Similar windows in hall with buttress between. Vent on
roof in centre. Inside walls decorated entirely with oil painting, tempered with
paraffin wax and turps, murals. They show the village as it was then, the
poachers on Castle Hill, the Sunday School, folk dancing, fruit picking, the
village inn (Horse and Groom), the village flower show, and making cider.
Vaughan Nash was involved in schemes to revive village life by settling ex-
servicemen on land, and building village halls as community centres.
Listing NGR: SU1783116926
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings