This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9116 / 50°54'41"N
Longitude: -1.7663 / 1°45'58"W
OS Eastings: 416527
OS Northings: 112487
OS Grid: SU165124
Mapcode National: GBR 536.Q8Q
Mapcode Global: FRA 765P.RP5
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Ascension
Listing Date: 13 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1094854
English Heritage Legacy ID: 144032
Location: Hyde, New Forest, Hampshire, SP6
District: New Forest
Civil Parish: Hyde
Built-Up Area: Hyde (New Forest)
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Hyde with Ellingham and Harbridge
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 11 SE
10/16 Church of the Holy Ascension
Parish church. 1854-5 by H Woodyer. Red brick with blue chequerwork, in
English bond, Caen and Chilmark dressings, slate roof. Plan of chancel with
north vestry/organ chamber and nave. Chancel east end has 5-light window with
Kentish tracery and setback buttresses. Vestry with 2-light east window, and
organ room to north. To south 1 & 2-light Geometrical window. Nave has plinth,
and on both sides to east short 2-light window and two 2-light Geometrical windows,
those to north have buttresses each side, those to south further east with gabled
porch to west. Porch has stone offsets, 2 order doorway with cinquefoiled hood.
West has setback buttresses. Wall has offsets each side of centre halfway up.
2-light-with-rose-in-head window. Over big double bellcote. Inside chancel
arch on cluster of columns. Nave has stained glass to east window and at west.
Complex king-post roof. C20 fittings except stone font with cover.
Listing NGR: SU1689112429
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings