History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Ellingham, Harbridge and Ibsley, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.8905 / 50°53'25"N

Longitude: -1.7953 / 1°47'43"W

OS Eastings: 414494

OS Northings: 110136

OS Grid: SU144101

Mapcode National: GBR 53K.2Y0

Mapcode Global: FRA 764R.6DN

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 30 September 1964

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1095004

English Heritage Legacy ID: 143608

Location: Ellingham, Harbridge and Ibsley, New Forest, Hampshire, BH24

County: Hampshire

District: New Forest

Civil Parish: Ellingham, Harbridge and Ibsle

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Hyde with Ellingham and Harbridge

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
Ibsley

Listing Text

SU 11 SW ELLINGHAM, HARBRIDGE & IBSLEY HARBRIDGE

1/5 Church of All Saints
30.9.64
GV II

Parish church. C15 tower, rest rebuilt in 1840 by G Evans. Tower of mixed dressed
stone, rest Purbeck stone with Coade stone tracery, stone tile roof. Plan of small
chancel and 4 bay nave with 3 east bays having lean-to aisles, south-east vestry,
and west tower. 1,2 & 3-light Perpendicular windows, buttresses between bays and
diagonal corner buttresses. Tower has north-east octagonal stair-tower, and diagonal
buttresses with finials to 2nd stage. West door 2 order under square hood with
quatrefoils in spandrel. Over 3-light cinque-foiled window with 4-centred head.
Upper stage rebuilt, crenellated parapet. Inside Coade stone Gothic altar on C18
tomb slabs. Coade chancel arch and connected pulpit. On north wall Gothic monument
in Coade 1841 to Normantons, west early C19 tablets mid cartouche 1656 to Edward
Dodington. 4-centred C15 tower arch. Hammerbeam roof. Under tower reset C18
donation boards. Mid C19 stained-glass with Netherlandish roundels. Buildings of
England, Hampshire; N Pevsner; 1966; p273.


Listing NGR: SP1499309685

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.