This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0614 / 51°3'40"N
Longitude: -1.3105 / 1°18'37"W
OS Eastings: 448417
OS Northings: 129339
OS Grid: SU484293
Mapcode National: GBR 861.CHB
Mapcode Global: FRA 8649.WVG
Entry Name: The Guildhall
Listing Date: 14 January 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1095464
English Heritage Legacy ID: 144587
Location: Winchester, Hampshire, SO23
Electoral Ward/Division: St Michael
Built-Up Area: Winchester
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Winchester St Lawrence with St Swithun-upon-Kingsgate
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
1833 HIGH STREET
SU 4829 SW 6/86A
The original portion 187l-5. Architects Jeffery and Skiller. Gothic
biiilding of "Middle Pointed" style with tall central tower and angle pavilions
with French pavilion roofs, slated. Yellow sandstone with red stone dressings.
Symmetrical frontage of 2.3. central bay with porch and tower 3.2. bays.
The porch is of three bays with granite columns. Three storeys, paired
wwindows. Archway on right. Much carved decoration. The whole cleaned
and restored 1971. At west end lower extension built in flints of 2 storeys
wwith pointed windows. This was added in 1892-3, Architect J B Colson.
Listing NGR: SU4848629368
Other nearby listed buildings