History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Tichborne, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0687 / 51°4'7"N

Longitude: -1.1875 / 1°11'15"W

OS Eastings: 457024

OS Northings: 130238

OS Grid: SU570302

Mapcode National: GBR 97C.SQT

Mapcode Global: FRA 86D9.966

Entry Name: Church Cottage

Listing Date: 5 December 1955

Last Amended: 19 December 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1095937

English Heritage Legacy ID: 145529

Location: Tichborne, Winchester, Hampshire, SO24

County: Hampshire

District: Winchester

Civil Parish: Tichborne

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Tichborne St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
New Alresford

Listing Text

SU 5730 TICHBORNE TICHBORNE

10/12 Church Cottage
5.12.55 (formerly listed as Small House
GV II 170 yards E.S.E of
Church)

Large cottage. 1729 in vitreous bricks, incorporating earlier building. Brick
with blue headers, with some timber-framing inside service wing and timber
scantling in its outshot walls, roof old plain tiles. L-shaped building, with
service wing of C16 origin beside road with outshot on road side containing door
under porch with hipped dormer above, and beside this gable end of C18 house has
date in centre and either side blank opening, above and below blue header diamond
patterns. Front 2 storey, 3 bays. C18 6-panelled door and square fanlight with
crossed glazing bars and in front flat lead roofed porch with glazed upper sides
and latticed front. Each side 3-light window with segmental rubbed brick arch.
Raised 1st floor string course which rises up in a triangle over door. On
1st floor C18 2 and 3-light segmental casement and flush frame 4-pane sash.
Gable end stacks. Inside road end room C16 moulded brick fireplace with beam
above having Latin inscriptions at date 1589.


Listing NGR: SU5702430238

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.