History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lyppard Grange

A Grade II Listed Building in Warndon, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1997 / 52°11'58"N

Longitude: -2.1774 / 2°10'38"W

OS Eastings: 387974

OS Northings: 255734

OS Grid: SO879557

Mapcode National: GBR 1G6.2B6

Mapcode Global: VH92N.6ZS2

Entry Name: Lyppard Grange

Listing Date: 29 December 1952

Last Amended: 26 November 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1095987

English Heritage Legacy ID: 147301

Location: Warndon, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR4

County: Worcestershire

District: Worcester

Civil Parish: Warndon

Built-Up Area: Worcester

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Warndon St Nicholas

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Worcester

Listing Text

WARNDON -
SO 85 NE
22/1 Lyppard Grange (formerly
listed as Leopard Grange)
29.12.52
GV II

SO 85 NE WARNDON -
2/609 Lyppard Grange (formerly
listed as Leopard Grange)
29.12.52
GV II

------------------------------------

WARNDON CP -
SO 85 NE
22/1 Lyppard Grange
(previously listed as
29.12.52 Leopard Grange)

GV II

Shown on the OS Map as Leopard Grange.
House. Early C17 with alterations of 1705 and early to mid-C19. Timber-
frame clad in rendered brick with brick extensions, tile roof. Three framed
bays of early C17 aligned north/south, extended in 1705 by similar sized block
to east in brick with lower service wing extending east attached at north-east
corner; stack at junction with rear wing, and in centre of three frame bays, the
latter with three shafts of 6-pointed star plan. West front: two storeys with
attic lit by three windows in gables (that to right collapsed); three windows
with stone sills, blocked with concrete blocks; ground floor: central entrance
under lean-to canopy supported by two flanking angled bay windows. North front
has exposed brickwork of 1705 with two bands and chequer effect to brickwork
produced by blue headers; a first floor window has a keystone with moulded brick
head which formerly bore the inscription: "1705/ W [illegible letter] M". There
are traces of a moat around the house. The building was empty and in a state of
decay at the time of the survey (November 1984). (VCH 3, pp 510-511).


Listing NGR: SO8803655905

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.