History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Mill House

A Grade II Listed Building in Salwarpe, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2569 / 52°15'24"N

Longitude: -2.1862 / 2°11'10"W

OS Eastings: 387383

OS Northings: 262093

OS Grid: SO873620

Mapcode National: GBR 1FF.D3T

Mapcode Global: VH92G.2J2R

Entry Name: The Mill House

Listing Date: 14 March 1969

Last Amended: 21 March 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1096360

English Heritage Legacy ID: 148130

Location: Salwarpe, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR9

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Salwarpe

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Salwarpe and Hindlip with Martin Hussingtree

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Droitwich

Listing Text

SO 86 SE SALWARPE CP SALWARPE

4/234 The Mill House
(formerly listed as
Corn Hill House)
14.3.69
- II


Shown on OS Map as Mill Cottage.
Miller's house, now house. c1785 with mid-C19 and mid-C20 alterations and
additions. Painted brick, low-pitched hipped slate roof, external brick
stacks at ends with tiled offsets. Two storeys and attic with dormers;
dentilled eaves cornice; three bays; front elevation has Gothick detailing;
windows are ogee-headed glazing bar sashes and have ogee-arched architraves
with moulded finials; ground floor windows have side lights in the manner
of Venetian windows; three gabled dormers with slate-hung cheeks and C20
ogee-arched bargeboards and 2-light casements; central round-arched entrance
has moulded ogee-arched architrave and finial, a 6-panelled door and side
reveals with raised and fielded panels and a traceried, segmental fanlight.
Interior not inspected. There is a two-storey wing to the rear left.
Salwarpe Mill stood to the front right of the house and was demolished in
1942.


Listing NGR: SO8738362093

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.