History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Easton House

A Grade II Listed Building in Repton, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8355 / 52°50'7"N

Longitude: -1.5511 / 1°33'4"W

OS Eastings: 430336

OS Northings: 326531

OS Grid: SK303265

Mapcode National: GBR 5DL.BMY

Mapcode Global: WHCG1.4ZMN

Entry Name: Easton House

Listing Date: 2 September 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1096507

English Heritage Legacy ID: 82763

Location: Repton, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE65

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Repton

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Repton St Wystan

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Willington

Listing Text

PARISH OF REPTON THE PASTURES
SK 30/3127
SK 30/3126
6/80
Easton House
2.9.52
GV II

House. 1907 by Sir Edwin Lutyens in late C17 style. Red brick,
plain tile hipped roofs with two brick ridge stacks, two stacks
in the pitch of the roof and an external stack to west with
decorative brick work. Brick quoins and first and second floor
bands extending from the quoins. Two storeys. Irregular
L-plan. South elevation of two-three-two bays, half H-plan.
The ground floor has six segmental arched wooden cross windows.
Six 2-light casements above under flat arches. In the return
walls of the projecting ends are glazed doors under keyed brick
lintels. East elevation of two-two-three-two bays, again with
half 'H' projections. The ground floor has seven cross windows,
plus three on the return walls and the first floor has nine
2-light casements, plus three on the return walls; all as to
the south elevation. All the windows have square pane leaded
lights and wrought iron casements. Irregular north west
elevation forms the inner side of the 'L'. The main entrance,
in the angle, has been altered. Casement windows, mostly to the
first floor, with two 2-light and a 3-light dormer. Single
storey service rooms and outbuildings to north, around a
courtyard. Round arched gateway to west, the gate with
quatrefoil window and elaborate wrought iron hinge Interior:
Much altered. The ground floor has several plain moulded stone
chimneypieces. In the sitting room the cupboard originally from
the butler's pantry. Broad first floor corridor with moulded
round arch to one side. Four moulded stone chimneypieces.


Listing NGR: SK3033626531

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.