History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Mount Pleasant

A Grade II Listed Building in Church Broughton, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8984 / 52°53'54"N

Longitude: -1.6717 / 1°40'18"W

OS Eastings: 422183

OS Northings: 333486

OS Grid: SK221334

Mapcode National: GBR 5CN.B60

Mapcode Global: WHCFS.9D6W

Entry Name: Mount Pleasant

Listing Date: 4 September 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1096547

English Heritage Legacy ID: 82663

Location: Church Broughton, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE65

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Church Broughton

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Church Broughton St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Sutton on the Hill

Listing Text

SK 23 SW PARISH OF CHURCH BROUGHTON COMMON LANE
3/9 (South Side)
Mount Pleasant
II

Farmhouse. c1787. Red brick with plain tile roof and brick
gable end stacks. Two storeys. Dentil eaves cornice. Three
bay north elevation. Central doorway with moulded wooden
doorcase and dripmould. Six panelled door. Doorcase linked to
semi-circular headed staircase window above with glazing bars,
flanked on each side by glazing bar sashes under segmental
heads. One smaller and later window to left. Two glazing bar
sashes above with wooden lintels. Lower C19 wing to left and
C19 cottage attached to right and not of listable quality.
South elevation has central doorway with segmental arch and
glazed overlight. To the left, an early C19 canted bay window,
to the right a glazing bar sash under a segmental arch. Three
glazing bar sashes under flat arches above. Inside, dogleg
staircase with stick balusters. The farm was built after the
common land was enclosed in 1775. A beam in an outbuilding is
dated 1787.


Listing NGR: SK2218333486

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.