History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Church Broughton, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.899 / 52°53'56"N

Longitude: -1.6959 / 1°41'45"W

OS Eastings: 420555

OS Northings: 333544

OS Grid: SK205335

Mapcode National: GBR 4B9.B1D

Mapcode Global: WHCFR.XDMF

Entry Name: Old Hall

Listing Date: 25 March 1981

Last Amended: 4 September 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1096550

English Heritage Legacy ID: 82669

Location: Church Broughton, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE65

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Church Broughton

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Church Broughton St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Sutton on the Hill

Listing Text

SK 23 SW PARISH OF CHURCH BROUGHTON OLD HALL LANE
3/15 (South Side)
25.3.81 Old Hall
(formerly
listed as
Old Hall
Farmhouse)
II

House. A complete C16 timber framed building encased in brick
in 1702 and later. Close studded timber frame with lath and
plaster infil and brick skin, partly cement rendered. Plain
tile roof with central stack and ridge stack. T-plan with two
storey former porch in the angle of the 'T' on the north side.
North elevation has large gabled bay to right with a 3-light
segment headed casement window to ground floor, a similar
2-light window above and a segment headed window in the gable.
Former two storey porch to left with gable facing east. A
single light window to first floor on north side and a 2-light
window to ground floor on return wall. Left hand part has a
central doorway with C20 door, flanked on each side by 2-light
casement windows under flat arches. Two similar above. All
window casements are C20. South elevation has C20 casement
windows. Right hand part has first floor band. East gable end
has a brick dated 1702. The timber frame is exposed internally.
The north gable end has decorative curved braces. The east wing
has two rooms either side of a large central stack and the
entrance against the stack on the north side. The west cross
wing also has two rooms either side of the central stack, which
is of stone. Winder stair to the west of the stack. Inglenook
fireplace. Exposed beams and stud partitions. Double purlin
roof with upward braces on the lower purlins.


Listing NGR: SK2055533544

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.