History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Outbuilding to the South West of the Old Rectory, and Attached Boundary Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Ashover, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1636 / 53°9'48"N

Longitude: -1.4799 / 1°28'47"W

OS Eastings: 434867

OS Northings: 363066

OS Grid: SK348630

Mapcode National: GBR 69Y.QN7

Mapcode Global: WHDFN.7RJ3

Entry Name: Outbuilding to the South West of the Old Rectory, and Attached Boundary Wall

Listing Date: 30 August 1995

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1096926

English Heritage Legacy ID: 393446

Location: Ashover, North East Derbyshire, Derbyshire, S45

County: Derbyshire

District: North East Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Ashover

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Ashover All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Ashover

Listing Text

ASHOVER
SK3463 CHURCH STREET
1264-0/11/37 (East side)
Outbuilding to the south-west of the
Old Rectory, and attached boundary
wall
GV II
Outbuildings and attached wall. Late C18, with mid C19
alterations. Regularly coursed squared gritstone with ashlar
dressings, quoins, hipped and gabled roofs with stone and
Welsh slate roof coverings, the gabled roof with copings and
plain kneelers. West elevation has stepped 2-storey range
built on sloping ground, linked with a tall boundary wall.
Taller range to north end, with a hipped roof, rising from a
raking plinth, and of 2 bays, with a single 6-light window to
the upper floor, in plain surround. Inserted triangular-based
dovecote entry in gable, above intersection with lower range
to south, with triangular landing platform and perch, leading
to a single tier of openings. North gable with quoined first
floor doorway, now a window with 45 panes. Lower range with
stacked windows to the centre of the west elevation, with
flush surrounds, the upper window single light, the lower
2-light, with 6-paned frames. Attached boundary wall, with
plain copings and quoins to returns, slopes upwards to the
building, the walling rising in height as the ground falls
away to the south, to almost 4m at the southern extremity. The
wall is approximately 24m long, with two 4-metre setbacks.


Listing NGR: SK3486763066

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.