This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.279 / 54°16'44"N
Longitude: -1.9739 / 1°58'26"W
OS Eastings: 401796
OS Northings: 487037
OS Grid: SE017870
Mapcode National: GBR GLNY.GW
Mapcode Global: WHB5Q.NQ71
Entry Name: The Coach House and Stable Cottage to the North East of the Grange
Listing Date: 4 November 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1096978
English Heritage Legacy ID: 322639
Location: Burton-cum-Walden, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL8
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Burton-cum-Walden
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
The following item shall be added:
BURTON-CUM-WALDEN FRONT NOOK
SE 08 NW
1452 - 12/10001 The Coach House and
Stable Cottage to the
North East of
Coach House and Stable Cottage. 1884 with minor C20 alterations.
Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with coped
gables and kneelers, plus a single ridge stack. Raised quoins.
2 storey. 7 window front. Main, south west front has projecting
central bay with segment headed cart entrance with raised ashlar
surround, with to the right 3 similar entrances with double plank
doors and to the left a glazing bar casement, a plank door with
overlight then a garage door also with overlight. Above a central
glazing bar sash flanked on either side by 3, 2 light glazing bar
casements. Interior has fitted back room and 3 horse stalls with
wooden partitions and iron railings. To the west a single storey
stable cottage with a central C20 half glazed door and 2 flanking
C20 casements. To the east a short stone wall and a pair of gate
piers with ball finials and iron gates.
Listing NGR: SE0179687037
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings