This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9156 / 51°54'55"N
Longitude: -2.5859 / 2°35'9"W
OS Eastings: 359798
OS Northings: 224275
OS Grid: SO597242
Mapcode National: GBR FR.PH63
Mapcode Global: VH86J.439W
Entry Name: Chapel Adjoining Merton House on the South
Listing Date: 22 October 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1098705
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153517
Location: Ross-on-Wye, County of Herefordshire, HR9
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Ross-on-Wye
Built-Up Area: Ross-on-Wye
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Ross
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
1560 EDDE CROSS STREET
Chapel adjoining Merton
SO 5924 3/42 House on the South
This is a small building attached to the South end of the Merton House.
The East end is gabled and has 3 lancet windows. Inside is heavily decorated
with oak tracery panelling, heraldic shields, carved heads and coloured
Listing NGR: SO5979824275
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings