History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

93, Worcester Road

A Grade II Listed Building in Kempsey, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1409 / 52°8'27"N

Longitude: -2.2179 / 2°13'4"W

OS Eastings: 385186

OS Northings: 249201

OS Grid: SO851492

Mapcode National: GBR 1GQ.Q33

Mapcode Global: VH930.HGV4

Entry Name: 93, Worcester Road

Listing Date: 25 March 1968

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1098761

English Heritage Legacy ID: 153342

Location: Kempsey, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR5

County: Worcestershire

District: Malvern Hills

Civil Parish: Kempsey

Built-Up Area: Kempsey

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: The baptist

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Kempsey

Listing Text

KEMPSEY

1431/9/29 WORCESTER ROAD
25-MAR-68 (West side)
93

II

Also Known As: 1, CHURCH STREET
KEMPSEY CP WORCESTER ROAD (west side)
SO 8449-8549
9/29 No 93 (Ivy House)
25.3.68
GV II
House. Circa 1800. Brick in Flemish bond with hipped tile roof. A
symmetrical composition of two storeys with attic and three bays. Windows
are sashed with glazing bars and have segmental heads. Three hipped attic
dormers. The door has panelled reveals and a fanlight with Gothick glazing.
The pilaster doorcase was partly missing and the house was partly covered
by vegetation at the time of survey (July 1986). Chimney towards left
behind ridge. The north wall of a rear wing has exposed timber-framing of
light scantling in square panels.


THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION SHOULD BE ALTERED TO READ AS FOLLOWS:

No 93 Worcester Road and No 1 Church Street


House, now divided into 2 units. Circa 1800. Brick in Flemish bond with hipped tile roof. A symmetrical composition of two storeys with attic and three bays. Windows are sashed with glazing bars and have segmental heads. Three hipped attic
dormers. The door has panelled reveals and a fanlight with Gothick glazing.
The pilaster doorcase was partly missing and the house was partly covered
by vegetation at the time of survey (July 1986). Chimney towards left
behind ridge. The rear timber-framed wing has a box frame and tile roof with dentilled eaves. This, together with the attached C19 cottages [which are not included in the listing] has been divided from the main body to form a separate house.

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.