This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9618 / 51°57'42"N
Longitude: -2.6281 / 2°37'41"W
OS Eastings: 356937
OS Northings: 229446
OS Grid: SO569294
Mapcode National: GBR FP.LJQZ
Mapcode Global: VH863.DYGF
Entry Name: Stables Approximately 10 Metres South West of Upper Penalt
Listing Date: 19 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1099234
English Heritage Legacy ID: 154302
Location: Kings Caple, County of Herefordshire, HR1
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Kings Caple
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Kings Caple
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
KINGS CAPLE CP -
SO 52 NE
3/43 Stables approximately
10 m south-west of
Stables. Dated 1701 with late C18 and mid-C19 alterations. Coursed and
squared sandstone rubble, part double Roman tiles and part slate roofs.
Range aligned north-east/south-west and extending to north-west and south-
west end, forming L. South-east front: single storey and attic, raised
verges. One shuttered window opening below eaves to right, similar openings
one each to left of three square-headed doorways with ledged doors; further
doorway flanked by two window openings to later addition to left; another
adjoining gable end of wing to left with ledged door. Square-headed opening
in north-east gable end with four rows of three openings for pigeon cot.
Date inscribed on kneeler of north-east gable. Upper Penalt is not included
in this list.
Listing NGR: SO5693729446
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings