This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9586 / 51°57'31"N
Longitude: -2.5446 / 2°32'40"W
OS Eastings: 362672
OS Northings: 229045
OS Grid: SO626290
Mapcode National: GBR FT.LTNN
Mapcode Global: VH86B.V13B
Entry Name: The Chantry
Listing Date: 19 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1099266
English Heritage Legacy ID: 154277
Location: Foy, County of Herefordshire, HR9
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Foy
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Foy
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
FOY CP -
SO 62 NW
4/18 The Chantry
House, now tenements with inscription panel on east front "The Fowlking
House built by WA In 1702, The Chantry enlarged by 4th Lord Lyttelton 1869
restored by Archer Clive 1952 and 1967". Squared and coursed sandstone
rubble with ashlar dressings, hipped tiled roof, brick shafts. Rectangular
plan formerly with central entrance to west front, stair turret, end stacks.
Two storeys and attics. West front: string course, coved cornice, three C19
gabled dormers with C20 windows, five glazing bar sash windows with flat arches,
central doorway with segmental pediment and bolection moulded surround, C20
French casements. Interior extensively altered but retaining contemporary
framed newel staircase with turned balusters, and moulded strings and rails.
Listing NGR: SO6267329046
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings