This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.87 / 51°52'11"N
Longitude: -2.689 / 2°41'20"W
OS Eastings: 352656
OS Northings: 219270
OS Grid: SO526192
Mapcode National: GBR FM.S7MN
Mapcode Global: VH86N.B8S9
Entry Name: Christ Church
Listing Date: 3 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1099424
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153929
Location: Llangarron, County of Herefordshire, HR9
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Llangarron
Built-Up Area: Llangrove
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Llangrove
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 51 NW LLANGARRON CP LLANGROVE
5/125 Christ Church
Former parish church. 1854/6 by G F Bodley. Coursed and square sand-
stone rubble, ashlar dressings, C20 tiled roof. Nave, south porch and
south aisle, chancel. In the style of c1300. Four-bay nave: three
windows with 2-trefoiled lights to south aisle; lean-to roof east of
gabled porch. Gabled bell cote to west end. Two-bay chancel with one
window of 2-trefoil headed lights and cinquefoil in roundel with hood-
mould to west and 3-light window to east with trefoils and cusping to
outer lights flanking central trefoil headed light with trefoil roundel
above, hoodmould, central stepped buttress and diagonal buttressing to
east end. Interior: nave: trussed rafter roof. Open wagon roof to
chancel; south arcade: three bays, simple chamfered piers without capitals.
George Frederick Bodley trained with G E Street under Sir G Gilbert Scott 1845/50. This is one of his first commissions.
Listing NGR: SO5265619270
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings