This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8683 / 51°52'5"N
Longitude: -2.6225 / 2°37'20"W
OS Eastings: 357237
OS Northings: 219036
OS Grid: SO572190
Mapcode National: GBR FQ.SD3T
Mapcode Global: VH86P.H9GM
Entry Name: Harper Monument Approximately 10 Metres South-East of Chancel of Church of St Giles
Listing Date: 3 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1099465
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153824
Location: Goodrich, County of Herefordshire, HR9
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Goodrich
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Goodrich and Welsh Bicknor
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 51 NE GOODRICH CP GOODRICH
6/32 Harper monument approximately
10 m south-east of chancel
of Church of St Giles
Chest tomb. Early C19. Ashlar. Moulded plinth and raised capping, tapering
sides, plain fielded inscription panels. One commemorates John Harper, aged
5 months, died 1818. "The cup of life just with his lips he prest/ Found
the tast bitter and refused the rest/ Averse then turning from the face of day/
He softly sigh'd his little soul away".
Listing NGR: SO5723719036
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings