This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0949 / 52°5'41"N
Longitude: -2.9719 / 2°58'19"W
OS Eastings: 333511
OS Northings: 244503
OS Grid: SO335445
Mapcode National: GBR F7.B3G4
Mapcode Global: VH77W.FLQY
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 26 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1099521
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153645
Location: Bredwardine, County of Herefordshire, HR3
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Bredwardine
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Bredwardine with Brobury
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 34 SW BREDWARDINE CP BREDWARDINE
6/24 The Old Vicarage
Former vicarage. Early C19. Rendered brick, slate roof, chimney stacks
to both gables with numerous flues. Two storeys and attic, parapet with
shaped crenellations, above moulded cornice, attic lit by flat roofed dormer,
3 windows, 16-pane sashes with thicker central vertical glazing bars and
simple cornice; ground floor: 2 square bay windows; French windows with
hipped roofs; parapets similar to that above flanking former central porch,
now with a 12-pane sash, and a 2-pane sash to left of former porch. Entrance
now in right return front.
This was the Vicarage where the Revd Robert Francis Kilvert spent the last
two years of his life, 1877 to 1879.
Listing NGR: SO3351144503
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings