This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.884 / 51°53'2"N
Longitude: -2.587 / 2°35'13"W
OS Eastings: 359694
OS Northings: 220770
OS Grid: SO596207
Mapcode National: GBR FR.RGWZ
Mapcode Global: VH86J.3XQ2
Entry Name: Former Chapel Approximately 20 Metres North of Upper Wythall
Listing Date: 18 May 1953
Last Amended: 17 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1099631
English Heritage Legacy ID: 155478
Location: Walford, County of Herefordshire, HR9
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Walford
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Walford
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
WALFORD CP -
SO 52 SE
4/67 Former chapel approximately
20 metres north of
Former chapel, original purpose unknown. Late C17. Squared sandstone
with tile roof. Single storey. Windows rebated and chamfered with mullions.
West wall of two bays, with windows of two and three lights. Between them
is a blocked doorway with basket-arched head. C19 cross finial on right-
hand gable. North gable wall has 2-light window high up under gable. South
gable wall has blocked 2-light window at right and a 3-light window above.
To the left is a doorway with basket-arched head. Interior: now open to
the roof with softwood boarding to most walls. The roof truss has a collar
and a raised tie-beam. Close to it a collar spans between the upper purli,ns
and carries a king-strut.
Listing NGR: SO5969320771
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings