This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2772 / 52°16'37"N
Longitude: -1.9665 / 1°57'59"W
OS Eastings: 402381
OS Northings: 264340
OS Grid: SP023643
Mapcode National: GBR 3J5.7MT
Mapcode Global: VHB00.V1R3
Entry Name: Lanehouse Farmhouse
Listing Date: 28 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1100024
English Heritage Legacy ID: 156599
Location: Feckenham, Redditch, Worcestershire, B97
Civil Parish: Feckenham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Feckenham St John Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
REDDITCH B LOVE LYNE (south side)
SP 06 SW
4/123 Lanehouse Farmhouse
Farmhouse, now house. Dated 1550; extended c1700 with mid-C19 and mid-C20
alterations. Part timber-framed with rendered infill on brick and rubble
base; extended in handmade red brick; plain tiled roofs; extension has
parapet at gable ends with ashlar copings and ball finials. Hall and cross-
wing plan; hall part of two framed bays aligned north-west/south-east; south-
easternmost bay occupied by large chimney with two diagonal brick stacks and
forming original lobby-entry plan; solar cross-wing of three framed bays at
south-east gable end; c1700 brick extension built onto north-east side of
hall to form new entrance front. Two storeys, attic with dormer and cellar;
brick part has two-course band between storeys (stepped at south-east side)
and also at eaves level at gable ends. Framin : close-set studding throughout
(two rows per storey), short straight braces in upper corners; first floor and
attic slightly jettied at gable ends with moulded bressummer on shaped brackets;
tie-beam and collar and tie-beam trusses with close-set struts. North-east front
elevation: brick part of two bays; two ground and first floor 2-light casements;
central entrance has hood canopy on consoles, moulded architrave and C20 door.
Attic lights in gable ends have drip moulds. Cross-wing gable end to left has
a 3-light casement on each floor and tiled weatherings beneath first floor and
attic sill level (the first floor one continues around original part of building)
and above attic window. Interior: recorded as having two staircases, an earlier
oak spiral one constructed like a masonry staircase and a large later one of
c1700 with turned balusters. Oak panelling on both floors of original hall part.
Attic used for cheese storage and pulley equipment survives. South-east eleva-
tion of cross-wing has an original dormer with 5-light mullion and transom
window; similar window retained in ground floor of rear gable end. Brick
addition also retains some original windows in side elevations of mullion and
transom type with fixed glazing and ornate catches. The date "1550" is
inscribed on the side of the cross-wing. The farmhouse is recorded as being
a particularly good example of its type and with its timbers surviving in
their original untreated condition (BoE, p 152).
Listing NGR: SP0238164340
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings