History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Clent Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Clent, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4111 / 52°24'39"N

Longitude: -2.1054 / 2°6'19"W

OS Eastings: 392925

OS Northings: 279235

OS Grid: SO929792

Mapcode National: GBR 2DX.VXM

Mapcode Global: VH91Q.GN9J

Entry Name: Clent Hall

Listing Date: 17 July 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1100128

English Heritage Legacy ID: 156340

Location: Clent, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, DY9

County: Worcestershire

District: Bromsgrove

Civil Parish: Clent

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Clent

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Belbroughton

Listing Text

SO 97 NW CLENT CP WALTON POOL LANE (east side)

6/75 Clent Hall

II

House. c1685; refronted and altered c1800 and mid- to late C19. Brick,
partly stuccoed with sandstone dressing and on sandstone base; plain tiled
roofs partly behind parapets with end stacks. Three storeys add cellar
with moulded eaves cornice to front. Three bays; windows have moulded
plaster architraves and keyblocks; all have cambered heads and the ground
floor windows have moulded stone cornices; ground and first floor windows
are 16-pane sashes; second floor windows are 8-pane sashes. Central large
porch addition has flat roof behind balustraded parapet with lions at front
corners; clasping pilasters and moulded cornice; 12-pane sash window to front,
narrow rectangular sash to right; door at left side has moulded architrave,
panelled reveals and soffit, and half-glazed door (glazing replaced by leaded
marble panel of Hanging Gardens of Babylon) with transom light. There is a
Stafford fire insurance mark above the central first floor window. Interior
not inspected but said to retain open well staircase and to be largely unaltered.
There is a two-storey addition to the right side with a flat roof, a ground
floor bay window and a first floor sash window. Two wings to rear of main
front range said to be c1685 and have C19 rear additions. The house was the
home of the Waldron family until 1750 when it was passed to the Durant family.
The garden was laid out in c1875 by Sir Joseph Hooker, a director of Kew
Gardens and colleague of Charles Darwin.


Listing NGR: SO9292579235

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.