History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coach House, Dovecote and Stable Wing About 15 Yards East of Bradford House

A Grade II Listed Building in Belbroughton, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3849 / 52°23'5"N

Longitude: -2.1173 / 2°7'2"W

OS Eastings: 392114

OS Northings: 276330

OS Grid: SO921763

Mapcode National: GBR 1CY.KHQ

Mapcode Global: VH91X.8B11

Entry Name: Coach House, Dovecote and Stable Wing About 15 Yards East of Bradford House

Listing Date: 16 November 1967

Last Amended: 17 July 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1100145

English Heritage Legacy ID: 156273

Location: Belbroughton, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, DY9

County: Worcestershire

District: Bromsgrove

Civil Parish: Belbroughton

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Belbroughton with Fairfield

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Belbroughton

Listing Text

SO 97 NW BELBROUGHTON CP BRADFORD LANE (east side)

6/8 Coach house, dovecote and
stable wing about 15 yards
16.11.67 east of Bradford House
(formerly listed as Coach
house at Bradford House)

GV II

Coach house, dovecote and stable wing. c1774, with mid-C19 alterations and
additions. Brick with sandstone dressings and plinth; hipped plain tiled
roof. Two storeys with band between storeys and moulded eaves cornice.
2:2:2 bays; end quoins; central bay breaks forward, has a pedimented gable
and quoin strips and the intermediate band is at a higher level than the
outer bays; two semi-circular headed stone archways with moulded keyblocks
and partly-glazed C20 double doors; two blind first floor windows with stone
lintels and keyblocks; keyed oculus in gable apex. Outer bays have a ground
floor and two first floor cross-casements with stone lintels and moulded key-
blocks; inner bays have a stable door with a transom light and, above, a
moulded flat canopy on shaped brackets. At the centre of the roof ridge is
a glazed octagonal cupola with moulded cornice, domical lead roof, ball finial
and weathervane. Interior: upper floor of central bay from dovecote lined with
about 450 nesting boxes and alighting ledges. A tie-beam to the south of the
roof is inscribed with the date "MAY 1774". At left gable end is a stable
wing with gable-end parapet. Two levels with three-course band between storeys.
Front elevation has a 4-pane sash window and a half-glazed door with a transom
light (both have cambered heads) and also a stable door with a transom light
similar to those in the outer bays of the coach house. Lean-to six-bay shelter
shed at rear of coach house, also C19 wing to rear of stable part.


Listing NGR: SO9211476330

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.