History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3414 / 52°20'29"N

Longitude: -2.0515 / 2°3'5"W

OS Eastings: 396586

OS Northings: 271483

OS Grid: SO965714

Mapcode National: GBR 2FY.45F

Mapcode Global: VH9ZL.DD9X

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 7 July 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1100370

English Heritage Legacy ID: 155762

Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61

County: Worcestershire

District: Bromsgrove

Town: Bromsgrove

Electoral Ward/Division: Lowes Hill

Built-Up Area: Bromsgrove

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Bromsgrove

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Bromsgrove

Listing Text

The following building shall be included:

BIRMINGHAM ROAD
5242
(East Side)
SO 97 SE 5/10 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
II GV
Church. 1872-4 tower added 1888 by John Cotton. Rock faced coursed sandstone
exterior, brick interior, modern clay tile roof. Nave, aisles, transepts, chancel
with apsed end, north west tower, south porch, Transitional/Early English style.
Windows mainly Geometrical in character, the east window with 5 lights with
quatrefoils and a large septfoil in the head, this wholly renewed in 1970s.
Foundation stone AD1872. Aisle and clerestorey windows are two lights and of
different design on either side to give appearance of several building periods.
Single transcept on south, double on north again with different windows; paired
lancet with roundel above on south, 3 light Geometrical with triple quatrefoils on
north. Chancel has lancet lights with cusped heads. Three stage tower with
corner buttresses with offsets, paired lancet lights and balustraded and pinnacled
parapet. Interior: Brick with stone arcading, with coloured bands. 5 bay nave
of pointed arches with alternate cylindrical and octagonal piers. A arch braced
collar roof. Original ironwork, font, pulpit, glass and altar and choir stalls.
C20 choir panelling, furnishings and organ. A good church with a consistent
decorative scheme designed by a local architect and worthy.


Listing NGR: SO9658671483

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.