History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Michael

A Grade II Listed Building in Rushock, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3387 / 52°20'19"N

Longitude: -2.1708 / 2°10'14"W

OS Eastings: 388457

OS Northings: 271193

OS Grid: SO884711

Mapcode National: GBR 1DG.9ZH

Mapcode Global: VH922.BH70

Entry Name: Church of St Michael

Listing Date: 18 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1100658

English Heritage Legacy ID: 157084

Location: Rushock, Wyre Forest, Worcestershire, WR9

County: Worcestershire

District: Wyre Forest

Civil Parish: Rushock

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Rushock

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Doverdale

Listing Text

RUSHOCK CP CHURCH HILL (east side)
SO 87 SE
10/94 Church of St Michael

GV II

Parish church. 1756-1758 by Roger Eykyn, or possibly Thomas Farnolls
Pritchard, restored 1872. Sandstone ashlar with tile roofs. Nave with
short transepts, chancel and west tower. West tower: three stages with
crenellated parapet, 2-centred head to belfry window; 2-light window with
Y-tracery to first stage. Ground floor: ogee label to Tudor arch doorhead,
fanlight and 2-leaf panelled door. Nave: two bays, two windows have Y-tracery,
transept has a stone coped verge to gable and a Y-tracery window; chancel:
east window of 1872 has two trefoiled lights under a 2-centred head.
Interior: west gallery on plain wooden posts; interior of east window has
engaged respond shafts. Nave roof of five bays with arch braced collars
supporting king-posts to trusses. Fittings mainly of 1872. Tower staircase
has (late Cl7?) splat balusters; some C17 panelling is re-used as fixed
benches under west gallery. (BoE, p 257; Colvin, H: A Biographical Dictionary
of British Architects 1600 - l840, (second edition 1978), p 304; Hereford &
Worcester Record Office, BA 8693).


Listing NGR: SO8845771193

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.