This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.373 / 52°22'22"N
Longitude: -2.4004 / 2°24'1"W
OS Eastings: 372837
OS Northings: 275075
OS Grid: SO728750
Mapcode National: GBR BZ.RRR6
Mapcode Global: VH91R.BMV5
Entry Name: The Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 27 July 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1100699
English Heritage Legacy ID: 156984
Location: Rock, Wyre Forest, Worcestershire, DY14
District: Wyre Forest
Civil Parish: Rock
Built-Up Area: Far Forest
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Far Forest, Bewdley Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 77 NW ROCK FAR FOREST
1/10000 Church of the Holy Trinity
Anglican church. 1844 by A E Perkins. New red sandstone coursed
rubble with sandstone ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roof with
coped gable ends.
PLAN: nave, north and south transepts, chancel with vestry in
north angle, and porch at entrance in west end under bellcote.
Simple lancet style.
EXTERIOR: 4-bay nave with buttresses between lancet windows.
Pair of lancets in transept gable ends, triple lancet east window
and smaller triple lancet in east wall of vestry. The east gable
has cross at apex and vestry has squat polygonal chimney shaft.
Angle buttresses at corners with set-offs and to projection at
west end with ashlar gabled bellcote and gabled porch below with
chamfered 2-centred arch doorway.
INTERIOR: Plastered walls, chamfered 2-centre chancel and
transept arches, and simple arch brace roof, ceiled above the
collars. West gallery, with panelled front on polygonal wooden
posts. Furnishings include brass communion rail, wooden
polygonal pulpit with traceried panels, small polygonal font and
set of benches in the nave. Stained glass includes memorial
windows of 1858, east window and 1871 N. transept window.
SOURCE: Buildings of England, Worcestershire, page 151.
Listing NGR: SO7283775075
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings