History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Croxley Hall Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Three Rivers, Hertfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6395 / 51°38'22"N

Longitude: -0.4546 / 0°27'16"W

OS Eastings: 507038

OS Northings: 194544

OS Grid: TQ070945

Mapcode National: GBR 1S.B30

Mapcode Global: VHFSS.21JZ

Entry Name: Croxley Hall Farmhouse

Listing Date: 26 July 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1100851

English Heritage Legacy ID: 158818

Location: Three Rivers, Hertfordshire, WD3

County: Hertfordshire

District: Three Rivers

Town: Three Rivers

Electoral Ward/Division: Rickmansworth Town

Built-Up Area: Watford

Traditional County: Hertfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire

Church of England Parish: Croxley Green All Saints

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Rickmansworth

Listing Text

TQ 09 SE RICKMANSWORTH LAVROCK LANE
(South side)
Croxley Hall

9/175 Croxley Hall
26.7.51 Farm House

GV II


House. Late C16 almost entirely rebuilt in mid C19. Some timber framing
remains with early red brick. Stock brick rebuild. Tiled roofs.
Originally probably hall with parlour wing, rebuilt and extended. 2
storeys and attic. Gabled entrance porch to left, 4 centred arched head
to entrance, cusped bargeboard. Further left a ground floor 6 light and
first floor 3 light casements with cambered heads. To right an 8 light
ground floor casement with leaded panes, cambered head. First floor two
3 light casements. Right bay projects slightly with gable to front, two
8 light casements, leaded panes, oculus in attic. Large cross axial stack
to left possibly at original end. Roof half hipped to left. Right return
has massive original red brick English bond external stack with an
arched opening for a window into parlour, offsets, 3 diagonal shafts,
part truncated. Entrance towards rear with timber porch with ornamented
panels to base. Left return: cambered heads to 3 light casements.
Rendered first floor addition. To rear: to right of 2 centre bays, red
brick with exposed timber framing on first floor, to left French windows
and first floor 3 light casement. English bond red brick base to
projecting gabled wing to left. To right C19 wing projects further with
a gable end stack. Interior: Late C16 or early C17 panelled parlour.
(VCH 1908: RCHM 1910: Pevsner 1977).


Listing NGR: TQ0703894544

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.