This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.654 / 51°39'14"N
Longitude: -0.5222 / 0°31'19"W
OS Eastings: 502330
OS Northings: 196053
OS Grid: TQ023960
Mapcode National: GBR G7X.6TK
Mapcode Global: VHFSJ.WPTF
Entry Name: Roman Catholic Church of St John Fisher
Listing Date: 3 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1100866
English Heritage Legacy ID: 158747
Location: Chorleywood, Three Rivers, Hertfordshire, WD3
District: Three Rivers
Civil Parish: Chorleywood
Built-Up Area: Chorleywood
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Chorleywood St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TQ 09 NW CHORLEYWOOD SHIRE LANE
5/106 R.C. Church of
St. John Fisher
House, now house and chapel. c.1890 extended c.1905 by C.F.A. Voysey.
Red brick, mostly roughcast. Stone dressings. Tiled roofs. Arts and
Crafts Style addition to detached suburban house. All 2 storeys.
Addition by Voysey to right: ground floor long 12 light stone mullion
and transom window, arranged 1:4:1, leaded lights, tile dripmould. First
floor two 3 light stone mullion windows. Brick pilaster buttresses at
ends. Sprocketed eaves. Steeply hipped roof with a tall roughcast stack
to right with a tile coped triangulated cap. To left earlier house has a
projecting gabled bay to left, ground floor rectangular bay window,
corniced architraved first floor sashes, applied timber in gable. On
left return towards rear a door by Voysey with heartshaped ends to strap
hinges. To rear of later block a ground floor later C20 addition, first
floor 4 light stone mullioned window, an entrance and a single light. A
stack to right. Stone mullioned windows inserted to rear of earlier house
by Voysey, 5 and 3 lights. 1 storey hipped projection to rear right.
Interior: round arches, fireplaces, doors, low picture rails and
ventilation grilles by Voysey. Formerly known as Hill Cottage. (Pevsner
Listing NGR: TQ0233096053
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings