This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9461 / 51°56'45"N
Longitude: -0.0186 / 0°1'6"W
OS Eastings: 536282
OS Northings: 229366
OS Grid: TL362293
Mapcode National: GBR K8W.VH5
Mapcode Global: VHGNX.MBJY
Entry Name: Pump and Pumphouse in Market Place 40 Meters to North-North-West of St Peter's Church
Listing Date: 6 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1101307
English Heritage Legacy ID: 159783
Location: Buntingford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG9
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Buntingford
Built-Up Area: Buntingford
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Layston with Buntingford
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 3629 BUNTINGFORD HIGH STREET
7/43 Pump and Pumphouse in
Market Place 40m to NNW
- of St Peter's Church
Pump and pumphouse. Pump C18/C19: pumphouse 1897 inscription
reads 'SET UP BY/F J ROBINSON ESQRE/1897 TO COMMEMORATE/THE 60th
YEAR OF THE/GLORIOUS REIGN OF/QUEEN/VICTORIA'. Wooden pump
pillar, oak pumphouse with shingled roof. A slender square pump
pillar about one and a half metres high enclosing the pump barrel
with part of crank mechanism remaining. Hexagonal pumphouse on
angled oak posts with braces to wallplate. Pointed hexagonal
shingled roof in 2 stages. Inscription in relief on 4 sides.
Wooden finial extends down as forms of radial rafters.
Listing NGR: TL3628229366
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings