This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.865 / 51°51'53"N
Longitude: 0.1565 / 0°9'23"E
OS Eastings: 548582
OS Northings: 220686
OS Grid: TL485206
Mapcode National: GBR LCL.4C5
Mapcode Global: VHHLV.NDL4
Entry Name: Cemetery Chapels
Listing Date: 11 July 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1101594
English Heritage Legacy ID: 160890
Location: Bishop's Stortford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, CM23
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Bishop's Stortford
Built-Up Area: Bishop's Stortford
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bishops Stortford Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5253 APTON ROAD
TL 4820 NE:5/1
TL 4820 NE:5/2
Two identical cemetery chapels, 1855, by C E Pritchett. Placed facing each other
where paths radiate into cemetery. Flint-faced walls with rough granite banding and
limestone dressings. Steep pitched slate tile roofs. Oblong plan. Single storey.
Perpendicular style. Front gable end with Tudor style door, foliated spandrels and
stops. Square window in gable with 4 quatrefoils. Three traceried side windows and
3-light pointed rear window. East chapel still functional with open trussed roof.
Listing NGR: TL4858220686
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings